Jayalalithaa takes time off
Coimbatore: After a month of hectic poll
schedule, AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa on Tuesday arrived in Kodanadu
in Nilgiris District for a fortnight stay, hoping to recharge
Jayalalithaa reached Kodanadu, about 80 km from here, by a
by a special flight from Chennai.
She is expected to stay in Kodanadu for a fortnight and
return to Chennai before the counting of votes in Assembly
elections on May 13, party sources said.
Jayalalithaa had undertaken a whirlwind campaign tour of
the state for the April 13 elections, closely fought between
AIADMK-led alliance and the DMK combine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa