Jayalalithaa violated oath of truth: Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Tuesday
questioned Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s decision
to skip the NDC meeting in Delhi after citing it as the reason
for her inability to attend proceedings at a Bangalore court,
hearing the wealth case against her.
"When the judge asked her if she would be able to attend
the hearing that day (October 22), she had expressed her
inability, citing this reason. But the fact was she did not
attend the meeting and deputed finance minister O
Pannerselvam, thereby violating the oath of truth she took at
the time of her deposition," Karunanidhi said in party
The court in Bangalore is hearing a disproportionate case
against Jayalalithaa, relating to alleged accumulation of
assets worth over Rs 66 crore by her between 1991 and 1996.
Karunanidhi charged TN Election Commissioner S Ayyar with
biasness towards AIADMK, saying Ayyar had stated AIADMK got
39.02 per cent of votes in the last month`s civic polls, while
it was actually 34 per cent and "deliberately" reduced DMK`s
DMK had in fact got 29 per cent of votes but the
Commission had said its vote share was only 26.09 per cent, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security