Jayalalithaa violated oath of truth: Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Tuesday
questioned Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s decision
to skip the NDC meeting in Delhi after citing it as the reason
for her inability to attend proceedings at a Bangalore court,
hearing the wealth case against her.
"When the judge asked her if she would be able to attend
the hearing that day (October 22), she had expressed her
inability, citing this reason. But the fact was she did not
attend the meeting and deputed finance minister O
Pannerselvam, thereby violating the oath of truth she took at
the time of her deposition," Karunanidhi said in party
The court in Bangalore is hearing a disproportionate case
against Jayalalithaa, relating to alleged accumulation of
assets worth over Rs 66 crore by her between 1991 and 1996.
Karunanidhi charged TN Election Commissioner S Ayyar with
biasness towards AIADMK, saying Ayyar had stated AIADMK got
39.02 per cent of votes in the last month`s civic polls, while
it was actually 34 per cent and "deliberately" reduced DMK`s
DMK had in fact got 29 per cent of votes but the
Commission had said its vote share was only 26.09 per cent, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!