Jayalalithaa will be CM if AIADMK front wins: Vijaykant
Erode: Accusing DMK President M
Karunanidhi of trying to create confusion in the AIADMK-led
front, actor-politician Vijaykant has said Jayalalithaa would
be the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu if the party-led combine
was voted to power in the April 13 Assembly elections.
Addressing a series of election meetings in the district,
Vijaykant, whose DMDK is the second largest constituent of the
AIADMK-led front, last night said the alliance would sweep the
polls and Jayalalithaa would become the Chief Minister.
"Karunanidhi was making such remarks to create confusion
in the AIADMK-led alliance," he charged.
He was referring to Karunanidhi`s remarks at an election
meeting here on Thursday that while his allies had pledged
their unconditional support to make him the Chief Minister for
the sixth time, there was no clarity on who would head the
government if the AIADMK front was voted to power.
Questioning the rationalist credentials of Karunanidhi,
Vijaykant sought to know why the DMK patriarch always sported
a yellow shawl and a particular stone studded ring.
"Karunanidhi claims himself a true follower of
(rationalist leader) `Thanthai Periyar` (E V Ramasamy) but has
been wearing the yellow shawl and the ring. Why is he doing so
He should remove them immediately if he is a real
rationalist and sincere follower of Periyar," the DMDK founder
Periyar, founder of Dravida Kazhagam, fought for
promoting social justice and rational outlook through his
self-respect movement in the state.
Vijaykant expressed confidence that the people would put
an end to the `family rule` of Karunanidhi in the polls.
The DMDK leader, who fought the previous polls on his own
since floating the party in 2005, also said, "MGR (late chief
minister M G Ramachandran) is my guru and so I preferred an
alliance with the AIADMK founded by him."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference