Jayalalithaa`s charge blaming PMK far from truth: Ramadoss
Chennai: Rejecting Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s charge that his party was behind the violence in various parts of the state, PMK founder S Ramadoss on Tuesday alleged that pro-Dalit Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi was behind the incidents.
"The Chief Minister`s charge blaming PMK is far from truth," he said in a statement here.
Ramadoss claimed that he had evidence to prove his charge that VCK was behind the violence.
He described as "vindictive" the state government action against his partymen including their detention under NSA and Goondas Act.
He said his party would file a case against the government.
Taking a dig at Jayalalithaa`s warning to ban political parties that incite violence, Ramadoss said only Election Commission was empowered to take such action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'