Jayalalithaa`s charge blaming PMK far from truth: Ramadoss
Chennai: Rejecting Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s charge that his party was behind the violence in various parts of the state, PMK founder S Ramadoss on Tuesday alleged that pro-Dalit Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi was behind the incidents.
"The Chief Minister`s charge blaming PMK is far from truth," he said in a statement here.
Ramadoss claimed that he had evidence to prove his charge that VCK was behind the violence.
He described as "vindictive" the state government action against his partymen including their detention under NSA and Goondas Act.
He said his party would file a case against the government.
Taking a dig at Jayalalithaa`s warning to ban political parties that incite violence, Ramadoss said only Election Commission was empowered to take such action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi