Jayalalithaa`s charge blaming PMK far from truth: Ramadoss
Chennai: Rejecting Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s charge that his party was behind the violence in various parts of the state, PMK founder S Ramadoss on Tuesday alleged that pro-Dalit Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi was behind the incidents.
"The Chief Minister`s charge blaming PMK is far from truth," he said in a statement here.
Ramadoss claimed that he had evidence to prove his charge that VCK was behind the violence.
He described as "vindictive" the state government action against his partymen including their detention under NSA and Goondas Act.
He said his party would file a case against the government.
Taking a dig at Jayalalithaa`s warning to ban political parties that incite violence, Ramadoss said only Election Commission was empowered to take such action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army