Jayalalithaa`s charge blaming PMK far from truth: Ramadoss
Chennai: Rejecting Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s charge that his party was behind the violence in various parts of the state, PMK founder S Ramadoss on Tuesday alleged that pro-Dalit Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi was behind the incidents.
"The Chief Minister`s charge blaming PMK is far from truth," he said in a statement here.
Ramadoss claimed that he had evidence to prove his charge that VCK was behind the violence.
He described as "vindictive" the state government action against his partymen including their detention under NSA and Goondas Act.
He said his party would file a case against the government.
Taking a dig at Jayalalithaa`s warning to ban political parties that incite violence, Ramadoss said only Election Commission was empowered to take such action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details