Jobless man sells girl baby for Rs 40,000
Tirunelveli (TN): An unemployed man has been
arrested here for allegedly selling his one-month old baby
girl to a Mumbai-based businessman for Rs 40,000 as he was in
dire need of money to look after his family.
J.Syed Yousuff was arrested last evening on information by
his wife to the Village Administrative Officer, who in turn
lodged a police complaint, police said.
Yousuff was desperate to find resources for the day-to-day
expenses of his five-member family after he recently lost his
job in a tea shop following a drunken brawl with the owner.
He had convinced his wife Fathima to sell their third girl
child, born about a month ago, saying there was no other way
they could manage the expenses, police said adding the baby
was exchanged for money last Sunday.
However, Fathima informed the VAO about the baby`s `sale`
following a quarrel she had with Youssuf after he started
spending the money for drinking liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi