Judge arrested for cheating woman SI in TN
Coimbatore: A day after his marriage, a 30-year old fast track court judge in Tamil Nadu was on Saturday arrested for allegedly ditching a woman police sub-inspector with whom he was having a relationship for three years.
Thangaraj, judge of the Coonoor Fast Track Court in neighbouring Nilgiris District, was arrested in Komarapalayam in Namakkal District based on a complaint from the SI, police said.
He was produced before a court in Tiruppur, about 40 km from here, which remanded him to 15 days judicial custody.
According to police, Thangaraj had a love affair with the police official of Palladam for the last three years and promised to marry her.
However, he married another woman yesterday following which the SI lodged a complaint with Palladam police.
The SI had on June 21 created a flutter when she tried to barge into the Coonoor Court and staged a dharna against Thangaraj.
However, senior police officials frisked her away from there and persuaded her to talk to top police officials in Coimbatore before lodging any complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi