Judge arrested for cheating woman SI in TN
Coimbatore: A day after his marriage, a 30-year old fast track court judge in Tamil Nadu was on Saturday arrested for allegedly ditching a woman police sub-inspector with whom he was having a relationship for three years.
Thangaraj, judge of the Coonoor Fast Track Court in neighbouring Nilgiris District, was arrested in Komarapalayam in Namakkal District based on a complaint from the SI, police said.
He was produced before a court in Tiruppur, about 40 km from here, which remanded him to 15 days judicial custody.
According to police, Thangaraj had a love affair with the police official of Palladam for the last three years and promised to marry her.
However, he married another woman yesterday following which the SI lodged a complaint with Palladam police.
The SI had on June 21 created a flutter when she tried to barge into the Coonoor Court and staged a dharna against Thangaraj.
However, senior police officials frisked her away from there and persuaded her to talk to top police officials in Coimbatore before lodging any complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton
- Pak police arrest Qandeel's sister, cousin
- 'Suicides in educational institutions not higher than society'