Judge arrested for cheating woman SI in TN
Coimbatore: A day after his marriage, a 30-year old fast track court judge in Tamil Nadu was on Saturday arrested for allegedly ditching a woman police sub-inspector with whom he was having a relationship for three years.
Thangaraj, judge of the Coonoor Fast Track Court in neighbouring Nilgiris District, was arrested in Komarapalayam in Namakkal District based on a complaint from the SI, police said.
He was produced before a court in Tiruppur, about 40 km from here, which remanded him to 15 days judicial custody.
According to police, Thangaraj had a love affair with the police official of Palladam for the last three years and promised to marry her.
However, he married another woman yesterday following which the SI lodged a complaint with Palladam police.
The SI had on June 21 created a flutter when she tried to barge into the Coonoor Court and staged a dharna against Thangaraj.
However, senior police officials frisked her away from there and persuaded her to talk to top police officials in Coimbatore before lodging any complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues