Judgment in Sankararaman murder case on November 27
Puducherry: A court here will deliver judgement in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra are the prime accused, on November 27.
Jayendra Saraswathi and Vijayendra Saraswathi were among the 21 accused present in the court when the hearing resumed today before Principal District and Sessions Judge C S Murugan.
Sankararaman, Manager in the Varadarajaperumal temple at Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu, was allegedly murdered on September 3, 2004, in the temple premises. The two seers have been charged under IPC sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy) and 302 (murder).
A total of 189 witnesses were examined during the trial which was held between 2009 and 2012 and 81 of them turned hostile during the examination.
The trial was shifted to Puducherry from Tamil Nadu following the Supreme Court direction in October 2005 on a petition filed by Jayendra Saraswathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day