Judicial remand of fishermen extended
Rameswaram : A Sri Lankan court on Thursday extended the judicial remand of 39 fishermen of Karaikal and Rameswaram, arrested by the Lankan navy last month for allegedly fishing in their waters, fishermen association sources said.
Four fishermen of Rameswaram were arrested on October 4, while 35 belonging to Karaikal were arrested on October 14 and lodged in Vavuniya and Jaffna prisons respectively in the island country.
Mannar court magistrate Aanandhi Kanagarathinam extended the remand of the four Rameswaram fishermen till November 13, while the remand of 35 fishermen was extended till November 14 by Oorkaval Thurrai court, Pamban Innocent Fishermen organisation president U Arulanandam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5