Judicial remand of TN fishermen extended to Aug 2
Rameswaram: Judicial remand of 21 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested on June 6 by the Sri Lankan Navy, has been extended to August 2.
The Mannar court Judicial Magistrate Anandhi Kanakarathinam extended the remand of the fishermen. They have been lodged in the Anuradhapuram prison in Sri Lanka, according to information received by officials here today.
The fishermen from this island were arrested allegedly for entering the Sri Lankan waters. Their five boats were also taken away by the Sri Lankan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre