Judicial remand of TN fishermen extended to Aug 2
Rameswaram: Judicial remand of 21 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested on June 6 by the Sri Lankan Navy, has been extended to August 2.
The Mannar court Judicial Magistrate Anandhi Kanakarathinam extended the remand of the fishermen. They have been lodged in the Anuradhapuram prison in Sri Lanka, according to information received by officials here today.
The fishermen from this island were arrested allegedly for entering the Sri Lankan waters. Their five boats were also taken away by the Sri Lankan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row