Judicial remand of TN fishermen extended to Aug 2
Rameswaram: Judicial remand of 21 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested on June 6 by the Sri Lankan Navy, has been extended to August 2.
The Mannar court Judicial Magistrate Anandhi Kanakarathinam extended the remand of the fishermen. They have been lodged in the Anuradhapuram prison in Sri Lanka, according to information received by officials here today.
The fishermen from this island were arrested allegedly for entering the Sri Lankan waters. Their five boats were also taken away by the Sri Lankan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year