Judicial remand of TN fishermen extended to Aug 2
Rameswaram: Judicial remand of 21 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested on June 6 by the Sri Lankan Navy, has been extended to August 2.
The Mannar court Judicial Magistrate Anandhi Kanakarathinam extended the remand of the fishermen. They have been lodged in the Anuradhapuram prison in Sri Lanka, according to information received by officials here today.
The fishermen from this island were arrested allegedly for entering the Sri Lankan waters. Their five boats were also taken away by the Sri Lankan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Probe ordered into killing of snake charmer in Madhya Pradesh
- Maharashtra govt to write to PM for CBI probe into disappearance of tiger
- Gujarat Assembly committee raps GSPC for 'over confidence'
- Head constable arrested for taking bribe
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie