Judicial remand of TN fishermen extended to Aug 2
Rameswaram: Judicial remand of 21 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested on June 6 by the Sri Lankan Navy, has been extended to August 2.
The Mannar court Judicial Magistrate Anandhi Kanakarathinam extended the remand of the fishermen. They have been lodged in the Anuradhapuram prison in Sri Lanka, according to information received by officials here today.
The fishermen from this island were arrested allegedly for entering the Sri Lankan waters. Their five boats were also taken away by the Sri Lankan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM