Jumbos damage crops near Hosur
Krishnagiri: A herd of 15 elephants
damaged agricultural crops in a village near Hosur in the wee
hours on Friday, police said.
The elephants strayed into Lakkasandaram village from the
Marakatta reserved forest area and started damaging standing
crops in agricultural fields owned by farmers.
The villagers tried to chase the elephants away by beating
drums and bursting crackers. But instead of going back to the
forest, the frightened animals started running helter-skelter
and damaged banana crops.
Forest officials have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'