Jumbos damage crops near Hosur
Krishnagiri: A herd of 15 elephants
damaged agricultural crops in a village near Hosur in the wee
hours on Friday, police said.
The elephants strayed into Lakkasandaram village from the
Marakatta reserved forest area and started damaging standing
crops in agricultural fields owned by farmers.
The villagers tried to chase the elephants away by beating
drums and bursting crackers. But instead of going back to the
forest, the frightened animals started running helter-skelter
and damaged banana crops.
Forest officials have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what