Kalam`s dream of turning Rameswaram to ‘solar city’ reality in 5 years
Rameswaram (TN): Former President APJ Abdul Kalam`s dream of turning Rameswaram to a solar city would be a reality in five years, a top official of BrahMos Aerospace said here on Friday.
"In five years, Rameswaram will be changed completely to a solar city as per the wish of Dr Kalam. Solar lighting will first be provided to fishermen, schools and hospitals and later to all houses," BrahMos Aerospace chief A Sivathanu Pillai told reporters.
He sought the cooperation of all people to ensure its success.
He was speaking at a function where solar lamps were fixed free of cost on five mechanised boats.
Pillai said the solar lamps would attract fish, enabling fishermen to have a larger catch. It would also help them not cross the International Maritime Boundary Line, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed