Kalam`s dream of turning Rameswaram to ‘solar city’ reality in 5 years
Rameswaram (TN): Former President APJ Abdul Kalam`s dream of turning Rameswaram to a solar city would be a reality in five years, a top official of BrahMos Aerospace said here on Friday.
"In five years, Rameswaram will be changed completely to a solar city as per the wish of Dr Kalam. Solar lighting will first be provided to fishermen, schools and hospitals and later to all houses," BrahMos Aerospace chief A Sivathanu Pillai told reporters.
He sought the cooperation of all people to ensure its success.
He was speaking at a function where solar lamps were fixed free of cost on five mechanised boats.
Pillai said the solar lamps would attract fish, enabling fishermen to have a larger catch. It would also help them not cross the International Maritime Boundary Line, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’