Kalam`s dream of turning Rameswaram to ‘solar city’ reality in 5 years
Rameswaram (TN): Former President APJ Abdul Kalam`s dream of turning Rameswaram to a solar city would be a reality in five years, a top official of BrahMos Aerospace said here on Friday.
"In five years, Rameswaram will be changed completely to a solar city as per the wish of Dr Kalam. Solar lighting will first be provided to fishermen, schools and hospitals and later to all houses," BrahMos Aerospace chief A Sivathanu Pillai told reporters.
He sought the cooperation of all people to ensure its success.
He was speaking at a function where solar lamps were fixed free of cost on five mechanised boats.
Pillai said the solar lamps would attract fish, enabling fishermen to have a larger catch. It would also help them not cross the International Maritime Boundary Line, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India