Kalki Bhagawan ashram files affidavit in HC
Chennai: Describing as "defamatory" video
clippings pertaining to self-styled godman Sri Kalki Bhagawan
telecast by TV channels, his ashram today told the Madras High
Court his followers never consumed any narcotic substance.
E Lokeswara, administrator of a `oneness campus` of the
godman at Varadayapalem in Andhra Pradesh, in his affidavit
said the video clippings pertained to 2003 and were stolen by
some persons and transmitted without verifying from the
organisation its veracity.
The dasajis (followers) reach various conscious levels and
they forget their physical presence and danced with bliss and
through devotional songs combined with Ayurvedic cleansing
through rigorous fasting and `Diksha.` This was being
misrepresented by the clippings shown on television channels,
The court had on March 24 restrained nearly 30 private
television channels of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu from
telecasting the video clips that purportedly showed the
dasajis and directed NKV Krishna, son of the godman, and a
competent person from the ashram to file separate affidavits
"highlighting, explaining, expounding and
clarifying the scenes found in the video clips."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!