Kandha Sasti festival to begin on Nov 13
Tiruchendur: The famous `Kandha Sasti` festival at Sri Subramanya Swami temple when devotees of Lord Muruga observe penance to propiate the Lord will commence on November 13, Diwali.
The ritual of killing the demon `Sooran` who ill treated the Devas would be held on Nov 18 and the temple would be opened for darshan at 1 am on Diwali and Viswaroopa Dharshan would be held that afternon, Joint commissioner of the temple Sudharsan said in a release here today.
The Celestial wedding would be held on Nov 19, he said. Meanwhile a devotee from Chennai has donated a one kg golden lance to the temple. The devotee TSR Sivasubramanian said he was fulfilling the wishes of his forefathers by doing so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das