Kandha Sasti festival to begin on Nov 13
Tiruchendur: The famous `Kandha Sasti` festival at Sri Subramanya Swami temple when devotees of Lord Muruga observe penance to propiate the Lord will commence on November 13, Diwali.
The ritual of killing the demon `Sooran` who ill treated the Devas would be held on Nov 18 and the temple would be opened for darshan at 1 am on Diwali and Viswaroopa Dharshan would be held that afternon, Joint commissioner of the temple Sudharsan said in a release here today.
The Celestial wedding would be held on Nov 19, he said. Meanwhile a devotee from Chennai has donated a one kg golden lance to the temple. The devotee TSR Sivasubramanian said he was fulfilling the wishes of his forefathers by doing so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another