Kandha Sasti festival to begin on Nov 13
Tiruchendur: The famous `Kandha Sasti` festival at Sri Subramanya Swami temple when devotees of Lord Muruga observe penance to propiate the Lord will commence on November 13, Diwali.
The ritual of killing the demon `Sooran` who ill treated the Devas would be held on Nov 18 and the temple would be opened for darshan at 1 am on Diwali and Viswaroopa Dharshan would be held that afternon, Joint commissioner of the temple Sudharsan said in a release here today.
The Celestial wedding would be held on Nov 19, he said. Meanwhile a devotee from Chennai has donated a one kg golden lance to the temple. The devotee TSR Sivasubramanian said he was fulfilling the wishes of his forefathers by doing so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing