Kandha Sasti festival to begin on Nov 13
Tiruchendur: The famous `Kandha Sasti` festival at Sri Subramanya Swami temple when devotees of Lord Muruga observe penance to propiate the Lord will commence on November 13, Diwali.
The ritual of killing the demon `Sooran` who ill treated the Devas would be held on Nov 18 and the temple would be opened for darshan at 1 am on Diwali and Viswaroopa Dharshan would be held that afternon, Joint commissioner of the temple Sudharsan said in a release here today.
The Celestial wedding would be held on Nov 19, he said. Meanwhile a devotee from Chennai has donated a one kg golden lance to the temple. The devotee TSR Sivasubramanian said he was fulfilling the wishes of his forefathers by doing so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you