Kanimozhi allowed to attend father`s birthday bash
New Delhi: A CBI special court here hearing the 2G case has allowed DMK MP Kanimozhi to visit Tamil Nadu to attend her father and party chief M. Karunanidhi`s birthday function June 3.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge O.P. Saini granted permission to Kanimozhi Wednesday.
She had requested the court to allow her exemption from personal appearance June 3 for attending the function.
According to the government auditor, former telecom minister A. Raja was biased while distributing second generation (2G) mobile airwaves and operating licences to telecom firms, causing a loss of up to Rs.1.76 lakh crore in lost revenues to the treasury.
Kanimozhi is one of the 19 individuals and six companies accused in two separate cases related to allotment of 2G spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress