Kanimozhi allowed to attend father`s birthday bash
New Delhi: A CBI special court here hearing the 2G case has allowed DMK MP Kanimozhi to visit Tamil Nadu to attend her father and party chief M. Karunanidhi`s birthday function June 3.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge O.P. Saini granted permission to Kanimozhi Wednesday.
She had requested the court to allow her exemption from personal appearance June 3 for attending the function.
According to the government auditor, former telecom minister A. Raja was biased while distributing second generation (2G) mobile airwaves and operating licences to telecom firms, causing a loss of up to Rs.1.76 lakh crore in lost revenues to the treasury.
Kanimozhi is one of the 19 individuals and six companies accused in two separate cases related to allotment of 2G spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves