Kanimozhi allowed to attend father`s birthday bash
New Delhi: A CBI special court here hearing the 2G case has allowed DMK MP Kanimozhi to visit Tamil Nadu to attend her father and party chief M. Karunanidhi`s birthday function June 3.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge O.P. Saini granted permission to Kanimozhi Wednesday.
She had requested the court to allow her exemption from personal appearance June 3 for attending the function.
According to the government auditor, former telecom minister A. Raja was biased while distributing second generation (2G) mobile airwaves and operating licences to telecom firms, causing a loss of up to Rs.1.76 lakh crore in lost revenues to the treasury.
Kanimozhi is one of the 19 individuals and six companies accused in two separate cases related to allotment of 2G spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida