Kanimozhi had no role to play in 2G scam: Karuna
Chennai: Maintaining that his jailed daughter and party MP Kanimozhi had no role to play in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday said she was a mere share-holder in Kalaignar TV, owned by his family.
"Kanimozhi has no connection with spectrum allocation. She is just a share-holder in Kalaignar TV. Generally, it is not a practice to file case against share-holders (in such cases)," he told reporters here.
The 88-year-old DMK patriarch said Kanimozhi`s advocates had put forth this argument before a CBI court, "but the case continues”.
Kalaignar TV, in which Kanimozhi and Karunanidhi`s wife Dayalu hold majority shares, is embroiled in a controversy over the transfer of Rs 240 crore from DB Realty, owned by scam-accused Shahid Balwa.
Responding to "shocking" findings of the Comptroller and Auditor General at the "Centre and state," (about various issues), he declined to give a general opinion, saying one could comment on specific issues.
In an apparent reference to CAG estimate of loss from the 2G spectrum allocation, in which connection former telecom minister A Raja has been jailed, he said "they (initially) declared losses. Then they said it was presumptive" about the quantification of the alleged loss incurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users