Kanimozhi had no role to play in 2G scam: Karuna
Chennai: Maintaining that his jailed daughter and party MP Kanimozhi had no role to play in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday said she was a mere share-holder in Kalaignar TV, owned by his family.
"Kanimozhi has no connection with spectrum allocation. She is just a share-holder in Kalaignar TV. Generally, it is not a practice to file case against share-holders (in such cases)," he told reporters here.
The 88-year-old DMK patriarch said Kanimozhi`s advocates had put forth this argument before a CBI court, "but the case continues”.
Kalaignar TV, in which Kanimozhi and Karunanidhi`s wife Dayalu hold majority shares, is embroiled in a controversy over the transfer of Rs 240 crore from DB Realty, owned by scam-accused Shahid Balwa.
Responding to "shocking" findings of the Comptroller and Auditor General at the "Centre and state," (about various issues), he declined to give a general opinion, saying one could comment on specific issues.
In an apparent reference to CAG estimate of loss from the 2G spectrum allocation, in which connection former telecom minister A Raja has been jailed, he said "they (initially) declared losses. Then they said it was presumptive" about the quantification of the alleged loss incurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds