Kanimozhi had no role to play in 2G scam: Karuna
Chennai: Maintaining that his jailed daughter and party MP Kanimozhi had no role to play in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday said she was a mere share-holder in Kalaignar TV, owned by his family.
"Kanimozhi has no connection with spectrum allocation. She is just a share-holder in Kalaignar TV. Generally, it is not a practice to file case against share-holders (in such cases)," he told reporters here.
The 88-year-old DMK patriarch said Kanimozhi`s advocates had put forth this argument before a CBI court, "but the case continues”.
Kalaignar TV, in which Kanimozhi and Karunanidhi`s wife Dayalu hold majority shares, is embroiled in a controversy over the transfer of Rs 240 crore from DB Realty, owned by scam-accused Shahid Balwa.
Responding to "shocking" findings of the Comptroller and Auditor General at the "Centre and state," (about various issues), he declined to give a general opinion, saying one could comment on specific issues.
In an apparent reference to CAG estimate of loss from the 2G spectrum allocation, in which connection former telecom minister A Raja has been jailed, he said "they (initially) declared losses. Then they said it was presumptive" about the quantification of the alleged loss incurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui