Kanimozhi "happy" over Stalin playing a bigger role
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi on Saturday expressed happiness over her father hinting at a bigger role for her brother M K Stalin in the future.
"As a sister, I am happy," was her brief response when reporters asked about Karunanidhi clear hint that Stalin could take-over the mantle from him.
Addressing party workers on Thursday, Karunanidhi gave the clearest ever hint, saying "I will work for the cause of uplift of the society till death. So, for the question who after me, the answer is Stalin who is sitting amongst you and you should not forget it."
The 88-year-old leader had more than once given enough hints that Stalin is his political heir-apparent, an issue that had led to sibling rivalry with Alagiri, his elder son and Union Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre