Kanimozhi "happy" over Stalin playing a bigger role
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi on Saturday expressed happiness over her father hinting at a bigger role for her brother M K Stalin in the future.
"As a sister, I am happy," was her brief response when reporters asked about Karunanidhi clear hint that Stalin could take-over the mantle from him.
Addressing party workers on Thursday, Karunanidhi gave the clearest ever hint, saying "I will work for the cause of uplift of the society till death. So, for the question who after me, the answer is Stalin who is sitting amongst you and you should not forget it."
The 88-year-old leader had more than once given enough hints that Stalin is his political heir-apparent, an issue that had led to sibling rivalry with Alagiri, his elder son and Union Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family