Kanimozhi "happy" over Stalin playing a bigger role
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi on Saturday expressed happiness over her father hinting at a bigger role for her brother M K Stalin in the future.
"As a sister, I am happy," was her brief response when reporters asked about Karunanidhi clear hint that Stalin could take-over the mantle from him.
Addressing party workers on Thursday, Karunanidhi gave the clearest ever hint, saying "I will work for the cause of uplift of the society till death. So, for the question who after me, the answer is Stalin who is sitting amongst you and you should not forget it."
The 88-year-old leader had more than once given enough hints that Stalin is his political heir-apparent, an issue that had led to sibling rivalry with Alagiri, his elder son and Union Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket