Kanimozhi hopes DMK won`t be pushed out of UPA
Chennai: DMK MP Kanimozhi on Sunday hoped that
the Centre will "not push" the party to take a decision on its
continuance in the government over India`s stand on the US-
sponsored resolution against Sri Lankan Government in the UN
Human Rights Council.
"That is the decision for party leaders to make. I
hope the DMK will not be pushed to make any such decision and
we are hopeful that the government understands what we mean,"
She was responding to a question whether the DMK will
pull out of the UPA government if India does not support the
resolution in the UN against Sri Lankan Government over
alleged human rights violations during the last phase of the
The DMK and its archrival AIADMK have been demanding
that India support the resolution. However, India has not yet
announced its stand on the issue.
Kanimozhi said the DMK has called a meeting of its
executive body to discuss the Sri Lankan issue.
"I am sure that the Central Government will understand
what we are saying and it will support the resolution," she
told a television channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?