Kanimozhi hopes DMK won`t be pushed out of UPA
Chennai: DMK MP Kanimozhi on Sunday hoped that
the Centre will "not push" the party to take a decision on its
continuance in the government over India`s stand on the US-
sponsored resolution against Sri Lankan Government in the UN
Human Rights Council.
"That is the decision for party leaders to make. I
hope the DMK will not be pushed to make any such decision and
we are hopeful that the government understands what we mean,"
She was responding to a question whether the DMK will
pull out of the UPA government if India does not support the
resolution in the UN against Sri Lankan Government over
alleged human rights violations during the last phase of the
The DMK and its archrival AIADMK have been demanding
that India support the resolution. However, India has not yet
announced its stand on the issue.
Kanimozhi said the DMK has called a meeting of its
executive body to discuss the Sri Lankan issue.
"I am sure that the Central Government will understand
what we are saying and it will support the resolution," she
told a television channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27