Kanyakumari-Trivandrum electrification completed
Nagercoil: Electrification of Kanyakumari-Trivandrum line in the Southern Railway had been completed and it would soon be operationalised after obtaining Railway safety board`s approval, a senior Railway official said on Wednesday.
After the operation of the line, the electrification of Nagercoil-Tirunelveli line would be speeded up, Southern Railway Assistant General Manager G Narayanan told reporters at Kanyakumari.
He said the doubling work of the line between Chennai and Madurai via Tiruchirappali was underway and the services in the sector would be increased once the project was completed.
The Railway ministry was allocating more funds for implementing safety measures, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?