Kanyakumari-Trivandrum electrification completed
Nagercoil: Electrification of Kanyakumari-Trivandrum line in the Southern Railway had been completed and it would soon be operationalised after obtaining Railway safety board`s approval, a senior Railway official said on Wednesday.
After the operation of the line, the electrification of Nagercoil-Tirunelveli line would be speeded up, Southern Railway Assistant General Manager G Narayanan told reporters at Kanyakumari.
He said the doubling work of the line between Chennai and Madurai via Tiruchirappali was underway and the services in the sector would be increased once the project was completed.
The Railway ministry was allocating more funds for implementing safety measures, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nine Filipino militants may face death in Malaysia: lawyer
- CBSE adopts moderation policy in granting marks in Class XII exam: Govt
- Viral video: Girl performs a sizzling hot sexy dance and suddenly door opens - Know what happens next
- Ties will be hit if cleric is not extradited, Turkey warns US
- Dalit youth dies in police raid in Surat, locals allege murder