Kanyakumari-Trivandrum electrification completed
Nagercoil: Electrification of Kanyakumari-Trivandrum line in the Southern Railway had been completed and it would soon be operationalised after obtaining Railway safety board`s approval, a senior Railway official said on Wednesday.
After the operation of the line, the electrification of Nagercoil-Tirunelveli line would be speeded up, Southern Railway Assistant General Manager G Narayanan told reporters at Kanyakumari.
He said the doubling work of the line between Chennai and Madurai via Tiruchirappali was underway and the services in the sector would be increased once the project was completed.
The Railway ministry was allocating more funds for implementing safety measures, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today