Kanyakumari-Trivandrum electrification completed
Nagercoil: Electrification of Kanyakumari-Trivandrum line in the Southern Railway had been completed and it would soon be operationalised after obtaining Railway safety board`s approval, a senior Railway official said on Wednesday.
After the operation of the line, the electrification of Nagercoil-Tirunelveli line would be speeded up, Southern Railway Assistant General Manager G Narayanan told reporters at Kanyakumari.
He said the doubling work of the line between Chennai and Madurai via Tiruchirappali was underway and the services in the sector would be increased once the project was completed.
The Railway ministry was allocating more funds for implementing safety measures, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured