Karuna asks govt to take up relief works on war-footing
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday urged Tamil Nadu government to take up on war-footing relief works in the cyclone Nilam affected districts.
"In particular, delta and coastal districts have been severely affected. Thousands of hectares of crops have been submerged in water and farmers are worried over crop loss," he said.
Responding to a set of questions in party mouthpiece `Murasoli,`, he said that people in many affected areas had been complaining that officials had not even visited them.
"Without further delay, government should take up on war-footing the relief work and the government machinery should be effectively used for this purpose," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!