Karuna asks govt to take up relief works on war-footing
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday urged Tamil Nadu government to take up on war-footing relief works in the cyclone Nilam affected districts.
"In particular, delta and coastal districts have been severely affected. Thousands of hectares of crops have been submerged in water and farmers are worried over crop loss," he said.
Responding to a set of questions in party mouthpiece `Murasoli,`, he said that people in many affected areas had been complaining that officials had not even visited them.
"Without further delay, government should take up on war-footing the relief work and the government machinery should be effectively used for this purpose," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand