Karuna asks govt to take up relief works on war-footing
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday urged Tamil Nadu government to take up on war-footing relief works in the cyclone Nilam affected districts.
"In particular, delta and coastal districts have been severely affected. Thousands of hectares of crops have been submerged in water and farmers are worried over crop loss," he said.
Responding to a set of questions in party mouthpiece `Murasoli,`, he said that people in many affected areas had been complaining that officials had not even visited them.
"Without further delay, government should take up on war-footing the relief work and the government machinery should be effectively used for this purpose," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites