Karuna backs Prez`s idea to prevent Parliament disruptions
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday supported President Pranab Mukherjee`s suggestion of exploring the possibilities of amending rules to ensure smooth running of both Houses of Parliament and said "people are on the verge of frustration” due to frequent stalling of proceedings.
"It will be of big help to the people, who are on the verge of frustration witnessing the recent proceedings in Parliament, if those concerned take into account their aspirations and the need to discuss issues, and arrive at a consensus on amending rules," he said.
The DMK chief, whose party has 18 Lok Sabha MPs and seven of them in the Upper House, described Mukherjee`s proposal as "valid”.
"There is no second thought that the idea proposed by the President is valid," he said responding to a set of questions in party mouthpiece `Murasoli.`
Against the backdrop of Parliamentary proceedings being paralysed regularly, Mukherjee had suggested parliamentarians should explore possibilities of amending rules to ensure that both Houses were able to transact routine business.
The DMK chief also slammed the Tamil Nadu Government on the power front, claiming power cuts were extended to as much as 16 hours, and charged the government with doing little to address the issue including expediting projects currently underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant