Karuna dares Jaya to initiate legal proceedings against him
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday dared Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to initiate legal proceedings against him for his remarks that she had written a letter to AIADMK founder M G R criticising Tamil film actor Kamal Hassan.
"I have enough evidence. I am ready to produce them in the court when Chief Minister files a complaint", Karunanidhi said in a statement, after Jayalalithaa said she would initiate legal proceedings against him.
Karunanidhi had yesterday said Jayalalithaa wrote a letter to late MGR complaining that Kamal Hassan had not given adequate publicity in the media to him (MGR), who had participated in a special show of a film for raising funds.
Reacting to Karunanidhi`s charge, Jayalalithaa today said when MGR was the Chief Minister she was the propaganda secretary of the party and used to meet and discuss everyday. There was no need for her to write a letter when she can discuss with the late leader directly.
"Since Karunanidhi has made a fantastic charge, it cannot be dismissed lightly. So we will be instituting legal proceedings against Mr Karunanidhi...," Jayalalithaa told reporters early in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh