Karuna dares Jaya to initiate legal proceedings against him
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday dared Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to initiate legal proceedings against him for his remarks that she had written a letter to AIADMK founder M G R criticising Tamil film actor Kamal Hassan.
"I have enough evidence. I am ready to produce them in the court when Chief Minister files a complaint", Karunanidhi said in a statement, after Jayalalithaa said she would initiate legal proceedings against him.
Karunanidhi had yesterday said Jayalalithaa wrote a letter to late MGR complaining that Kamal Hassan had not given adequate publicity in the media to him (MGR), who had participated in a special show of a film for raising funds.
Reacting to Karunanidhi`s charge, Jayalalithaa today said when MGR was the Chief Minister she was the propaganda secretary of the party and used to meet and discuss everyday. There was no need for her to write a letter when she can discuss with the late leader directly.
"Since Karunanidhi has made a fantastic charge, it cannot be dismissed lightly. So we will be instituting legal proceedings against Mr Karunanidhi...," Jayalalithaa told reporters early in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!