Karuna dares Jaya to initiate legal proceedings against him
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday dared Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to initiate legal proceedings against him for his remarks that she had written a letter to AIADMK founder M G R criticising Tamil film actor Kamal Hassan.
"I have enough evidence. I am ready to produce them in the court when Chief Minister files a complaint", Karunanidhi said in a statement, after Jayalalithaa said she would initiate legal proceedings against him.
Karunanidhi had yesterday said Jayalalithaa wrote a letter to late MGR complaining that Kamal Hassan had not given adequate publicity in the media to him (MGR), who had participated in a special show of a film for raising funds.
Reacting to Karunanidhi`s charge, Jayalalithaa today said when MGR was the Chief Minister she was the propaganda secretary of the party and used to meet and discuss everyday. There was no need for her to write a letter when she can discuss with the late leader directly.
"Since Karunanidhi has made a fantastic charge, it cannot be dismissed lightly. So we will be instituting legal proceedings against Mr Karunanidhi...," Jayalalithaa told reporters early in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa