Karuna dares Jaya to initiate legal proceedings against him
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday dared Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to initiate legal proceedings against him for his remarks that she had written a letter to AIADMK founder M G R criticising Tamil film actor Kamal Hassan.
"I have enough evidence. I am ready to produce them in the court when Chief Minister files a complaint", Karunanidhi said in a statement, after Jayalalithaa said she would initiate legal proceedings against him.
Karunanidhi had yesterday said Jayalalithaa wrote a letter to late MGR complaining that Kamal Hassan had not given adequate publicity in the media to him (MGR), who had participated in a special show of a film for raising funds.
Reacting to Karunanidhi`s charge, Jayalalithaa today said when MGR was the Chief Minister she was the propaganda secretary of the party and used to meet and discuss everyday. There was no need for her to write a letter when she can discuss with the late leader directly.
"Since Karunanidhi has made a fantastic charge, it cannot be dismissed lightly. So we will be instituting legal proceedings against Mr Karunanidhi...," Jayalalithaa told reporters early in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3