Karuna defends Centre on TN power situation
Chennai: Defending the Centre over its inability to help Tamil Nadu to tide over the power crisis, DMK Chief and key UPA ally M Karunanidhi on Friday said the ruling AIADMK should stop blaming the Centre for everything and instead discuss with it to find a solution.
"There is no intention on the part of Centre not to give power to Tamil Nadu. The Centre has only said that even if gives power, there is no provision to take it to the State", he said, referring to Centre`s stand before the Supreme Court on Tamil Nadu`s plea.
Tamil Nadu has filed a suit before the apex court seeking a direction to the Centre to reallocate the entire 1,721 MW power to be surrendered by Delhi government to the State.
"The Chief Minister should give up the attitude of blaming others and find a solution to the problems. The Chief Minister or the Power Minister should immediately visit Delhi and hold talks with the concerned authorities to find a solution", he said.
The Centre told the apex court yesterday that the power Grid has not got the capacity for absorbing additional power and Tamil Nadu was itself responsible for it.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has attacked the DMK and the UPA for "neglecting" the state`s power requirements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick