Karuna downplays reports on Rahul not responding to message
Tiruchirappalli (TN): DMK chief M Karunanidhi, whose party is a key UPA ally, today sought to downplay reports that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had not acknowledged his congratulatory message on his recent elevation to the post.
The DMK patriarch blamed a section of the media for making it an issue when asked about reports that his greeting had not even been responded to by Gandhi and also that he had not given an audience to his party leaders while in Delhi early this week.
"Some dailies/magazines are making it an issue," he said.
Karunanidhi said the leaders, including his son M K Stalin, were only in Delhi to meet the Ambassadors of various countries on the issue of Sri Lankan Tamils.
This was Stalin`s first visit to Delhi after Gandhi`s elevation and also after Karunanidhi publicly acknowledged him as heir-apparent in DMK.
Soon after Gandhi`s elevation at the AICC session in Jaipur, Karunanidhi had greeted him, expressing confidence that he would take the party to a `new height.`
"Your abiding interest in the youth of our country and your earnest commitment to the advancement of rural areas and farmers are all well-known," the DMK chief had said in a faxed message to Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH