Karuna flays Jaya for rejecting CRA ruling
Chennai: Slamming Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for turning down Prime Minister Manmohan Singh-led Cauvery River Authority (CRA) ruling on water release, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday said such an act would be "construed" as if the state government does not trust the CRA.
"The state government could have demanded for more (than the 9,000 cusecs of water as directed by Singh) saying it was not sufficient. Or it could have said it would approach the Supreme Court."
"Instead, not accepting the Prime Minister`s ruling would be construed as if we don`t have trust in the CRA," he said replying to a set of questions in the party organ `Murasoli`.
The September 19 meeting of the CRA, convened by the Prime Minister following the Centre`s assurance in this regard to the Supreme Court, had failed to produce a solution with both Karnataka and Tamil Nadu rejecting his award of 9000 cusecs of water to save standing crops in the Delta region.
Jayalalithaa had called the meeting a "totally disappointing" one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming