Karuna flays Jaya for rejecting CRA ruling
Chennai: Slamming Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for turning down Prime Minister Manmohan Singh-led Cauvery River Authority (CRA) ruling on water release, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday said such an act would be "construed" as if the state government does not trust the CRA.
"The state government could have demanded for more (than the 9,000 cusecs of water as directed by Singh) saying it was not sufficient. Or it could have said it would approach the Supreme Court."
"Instead, not accepting the Prime Minister`s ruling would be construed as if we don`t have trust in the CRA," he said replying to a set of questions in the party organ `Murasoli`.
The September 19 meeting of the CRA, convened by the Prime Minister following the Centre`s assurance in this regard to the Supreme Court, had failed to produce a solution with both Karnataka and Tamil Nadu rejecting his award of 9000 cusecs of water to save standing crops in the Delta region.
Jayalalithaa had called the meeting a "totally disappointing" one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah