Karuna refuses to rate performance of UPA-II
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Tuesday refused to rate the three year performance of the UPA-II government, saying there are "ups and downs" for every government.
"Every government has its ups and downs, how can I rate them?" Karunanidhi, whose party is a key ally of the ruling UPA at the Centre, said when reporters asked him to rate the Manmohan Singh government.
Karunanidhi said he would not attend the dinner hosted by the Prime Minister at New Delhi today though he has been invited for it, but gave no reason for his decision.
He parried a question on Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar as presidential candidate. Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee had said yesterday she would prefer Kumar or former President A P J Abdul Kalam or Mahatma Gandhi`s grandson Gopal Gandhi for the top post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!