Karuna refuses to rate performance of UPA-II
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Tuesday refused to rate the three year performance of the UPA-II government, saying there are "ups and downs" for every government.
"Every government has its ups and downs, how can I rate them?" Karunanidhi, whose party is a key ally of the ruling UPA at the Centre, said when reporters asked him to rate the Manmohan Singh government.
Karunanidhi said he would not attend the dinner hosted by the Prime Minister at New Delhi today though he has been invited for it, but gave no reason for his decision.
He parried a question on Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar as presidential candidate. Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee had said yesterday she would prefer Kumar or former President A P J Abdul Kalam or Mahatma Gandhi`s grandson Gopal Gandhi for the top post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui