Karuna refuses to rate performance of UPA-II
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Tuesday refused to rate the three year performance of the UPA-II government, saying there are "ups and downs" for every government.
"Every government has its ups and downs, how can I rate them?" Karunanidhi, whose party is a key ally of the ruling UPA at the Centre, said when reporters asked him to rate the Manmohan Singh government.
Karunanidhi said he would not attend the dinner hosted by the Prime Minister at New Delhi today though he has been invited for it, but gave no reason for his decision.
He parried a question on Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar as presidential candidate. Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee had said yesterday she would prefer Kumar or former President A P J Abdul Kalam or Mahatma Gandhi`s grandson Gopal Gandhi for the top post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube