Karuna rules out DMK-Congress-DMDK alliance for LS polls
Chennai: Scotching speculations about a possible pre-poll pact between his party, Congress and DMDK for the Lok Sabha elections, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday said there were "no indications" for the formation of such a combine.
Asked if it was true that there was a possibility of a DMK-Congress-DMDK alliance, he said, "The media is trying to do it. There are no indications of such an alliance getting formed. A situation leading to such formation has not arisen."
DMK had been openly wooing the DMDK, headed by actor-politician Vijaykant, for an alliance, but the latter was yet to make clear his choice.
Speaking to reporters before leaving for Tiruchirappalli for the party conference on February 15 and 16, Karunanidhi, in reply to another question, said, "There is no question of making changes to an alliance that has [already] been formed."
DMK has already finalised alliance with the Indian Union Muslim Leauge, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi, Manithaneyaneya Makkal Katchi, and Puthiya Tamizhagam.
On winnability, he wondered if his party would fight polls without expecting victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon