Karuna rules out DMK-Congress-DMDK alliance for LS polls
Chennai: Scotching speculations about a possible pre-poll pact between his party, Congress and DMDK for the Lok Sabha elections, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday said there were "no indications" for the formation of such a combine.
Asked if it was true that there was a possibility of a DMK-Congress-DMDK alliance, he said, "The media is trying to do it. There are no indications of such an alliance getting formed. A situation leading to such formation has not arisen."
DMK had been openly wooing the DMDK, headed by actor-politician Vijaykant, for an alliance, but the latter was yet to make clear his choice.
Speaking to reporters before leaving for Tiruchirappalli for the party conference on February 15 and 16, Karunanidhi, in reply to another question, said, "There is no question of making changes to an alliance that has [already] been formed."
DMK has already finalised alliance with the Indian Union Muslim Leauge, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi, Manithaneyaneya Makkal Katchi, and Puthiya Tamizhagam.
On winnability, he wondered if his party would fight polls without expecting victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped