Karuna rules out DMK-Congress-DMDK alliance for LS polls
Chennai: Scotching speculations about a possible pre-poll pact between his party, Congress and DMDK for the Lok Sabha elections, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday said there were "no indications" for the formation of such a combine.
Asked if it was true that there was a possibility of a DMK-Congress-DMDK alliance, he said, "The media is trying to do it. There are no indications of such an alliance getting formed. A situation leading to such formation has not arisen."
DMK had been openly wooing the DMDK, headed by actor-politician Vijaykant, for an alliance, but the latter was yet to make clear his choice.
Speaking to reporters before leaving for Tiruchirappalli for the party conference on February 15 and 16, Karunanidhi, in reply to another question, said, "There is no question of making changes to an alliance that has [already] been formed."
DMK has already finalised alliance with the Indian Union Muslim Leauge, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi, Manithaneyaneya Makkal Katchi, and Puthiya Tamizhagam.
On winnability, he wondered if his party would fight polls without expecting victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes
- Turkey backtracks on `IS child bomber` claims
- Hardik Patel used quota stir to become leader, amass wealth: Ex-aides
- Tribunal confirms French resort`s burkini ban