Karuna rules out DMK-Congress-DMDK alliance for LS polls
Chennai: Scotching speculations about a possible pre-poll pact between his party, Congress and DMDK for the Lok Sabha elections, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Thursday said there were "no indications" for the formation of such a combine.
Asked if it was true that there was a possibility of a DMK-Congress-DMDK alliance, he said, "The media is trying to do it. There are no indications of such an alliance getting formed. A situation leading to such formation has not arisen."
DMK had been openly wooing the DMDK, headed by actor-politician Vijaykant, for an alliance, but the latter was yet to make clear his choice.
Speaking to reporters before leaving for Tiruchirappalli for the party conference on February 15 and 16, Karunanidhi, in reply to another question, said, "There is no question of making changes to an alliance that has [already] been formed."
DMK has already finalised alliance with the Indian Union Muslim Leauge, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi, Manithaneyaneya Makkal Katchi, and Puthiya Tamizhagam.
On winnability, he wondered if his party would fight polls without expecting victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what