Karuna summoned by court in defamation case
Chennai: DMK President M Karunanidhi was Wednesday summoned by a court here to appear before it on October 10 in a defamation case filed by the Jayalalithaa Government.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan ordered issue of the summons to Karunanidhi and also to S Selvam, the Printer, Publisher and Editor of DMK`s mouth piece `Murasoli`.
The state government had on August 31 filed the defamation complaint against Karunanidhi for some remarks made by him about Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s stay in hilly Kodanadu and against Selvam for publishing them in "Murasoli", holding that the remarks were `defamatory".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred