Karuna summoned by court in defamation case
Chennai: DMK President M Karunanidhi was Wednesday summoned by a court here to appear before it on October 10 in a defamation case filed by the Jayalalithaa Government.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan ordered issue of the summons to Karunanidhi and also to S Selvam, the Printer, Publisher and Editor of DMK`s mouth piece `Murasoli`.
The state government had on August 31 filed the defamation complaint against Karunanidhi for some remarks made by him about Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s stay in hilly Kodanadu and against Selvam for publishing them in "Murasoli", holding that the remarks were `defamatory".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail