Karunanidhi flays AIADMK for denying permission for TMMK rally
Chennai: Flaying AIADMK government for "banning" public meetings and rallies, DMK president M Karunanidhi on Saturday said the latest incident of denying permission for the Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam to hold a rally here was an `apt` example of its "vendetta" against minority communities.
In a statement, Karunanidhi said TNMMK (a Muslim outfit), had planned to stage a rally today, but the AIADMK government has denied permission. "This is an apt example of its vendetta against the minority communities".
"Just like trying to snatch the basic rights of people, the AIADMK Government in the recent past, has been indulging itself in banning public meetings and rallies. On behalf of DMK, I strongly condemn such strong action", he said.
Meanwhile, police said around 400 members of the TMMK, who arrived here from various parts of the State to participate in the rally in support of demands including hike in reservation quota in government services, were taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America