Karunanidhi masquerading as friend of Dalits: PMK
Chennai: A day after political parties, including DMK, demanded action against him for allegedly pursuing caste politics, PMK leader S Ramadoss on Tuesday charged DMK Chief M Karunanidhi with "disguising" himself as a friend of Dalits.
In a statement, Ramadoss said Karunanidhi had formed a coalition in 2001 by aligning with all caste leaders and had termed it as an `accomplishing coalition`.
"In order to retain power, if he (Karunanidhi) formed a coalition by joining hands with various castes, it is an accomplishing coalition. When we bring together the groups of castes to save them from revenge, it is termed as caste politics", he said.
The PMK leader said Karunanidhi was "disguising as a friend of Dalits" and he had failed to protect them in 1968 when his party was in power.
Karunanidhi yesterday said caste-politics was dangerous and Ramadoss was playing with fire. He demanded that government should act against those indulged in caste-politics.
Several political parties attacked the PMK leader for his attempt to bring together leaders of various castes on a common platform to campaign against inter-caste marriages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September