Karunanidhi masquerading as friend of Dalits: PMK
Chennai: A day after political parties, including DMK, demanded action against him for allegedly pursuing caste politics, PMK leader S Ramadoss Tuesday charged DMK chief M Karunanidhi with "disguising" himself as a friend of the Dalits.
In a statement, Ramadoss said Karunanidhi had formed a coalition in 2001 by aligning with all caste leaders and had termed it as an `accomplishing coalition`.
"In order to retain power, if he (Karunanidhi) formed a coalition by joining hands with various castes, it is an accomplishing coalition. When we bring together the groups of castes to save them from revenge, it is termed as caste politics," he said.
The PMK leader said Karunanidhi was "disguising as a friend of Dalits" and he had failed to protect them when his party was in power.
In an apparent attack at Ramadoss, Karunanidhi had yesterday said caste-politics was dangerous and demanded that government should act against those indulging in it.
Several political parties attacked the PMK leader for his attempt to bring together leaders of various castes on a common platform to campaign against inter-caste marriages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?