Karunanidhi masquerading as friend of Dalits: PMK
Chennai: A day after political parties, including DMK, demanded action against him for allegedly pursuing caste politics, PMK leader S Ramadoss Tuesday charged DMK chief M Karunanidhi with "disguising" himself as a friend of the Dalits.
In a statement, Ramadoss said Karunanidhi had formed a coalition in 2001 by aligning with all caste leaders and had termed it as an `accomplishing coalition`.
"In order to retain power, if he (Karunanidhi) formed a coalition by joining hands with various castes, it is an accomplishing coalition. When we bring together the groups of castes to save them from revenge, it is termed as caste politics," he said.
The PMK leader said Karunanidhi was "disguising as a friend of Dalits" and he had failed to protect them when his party was in power.
In an apparent attack at Ramadoss, Karunanidhi had yesterday said caste-politics was dangerous and demanded that government should act against those indulging in it.
Several political parties attacked the PMK leader for his attempt to bring together leaders of various castes on a common platform to campaign against inter-caste marriages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security