Karunanidhi, party general secretary to decide on tie-up for LS polls
Chennai: DMK General Council on Sunday granted complete authority to party president M Karunanidhi and General Secretary K Anbazhagan to discuss and decide alliance-related issues for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"This General Council gives complete authority to party president, general secretary to contact alliance parties, discuss seat sharing and announce a committee to take forward alliance for the elections," a resolution said.
This decision was taken in a resolution adopted at the meeting of the general council here which was chaired by Karunanidhi.
The general council is DMK`s key decision-making body.
An erstwhile ally of the Congress, DMK had snapped its ties with that party early this year over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue. However it managed to drum up that party`s support for Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi during the Rajya Sabha elections which she successfully contested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption