Karunanidhi, party general secretary to decide on tie-up for LS polls
Chennai: DMK General Council on Sunday granted complete authority to party president M Karunanidhi and General Secretary K Anbazhagan to discuss and decide alliance-related issues for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"This General Council gives complete authority to party president, general secretary to contact alliance parties, discuss seat sharing and announce a committee to take forward alliance for the elections," a resolution said.
This decision was taken in a resolution adopted at the meeting of the general council here which was chaired by Karunanidhi.
The general council is DMK`s key decision-making body.
An erstwhile ally of the Congress, DMK had snapped its ties with that party early this year over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue. However it managed to drum up that party`s support for Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi during the Rajya Sabha elections which she successfully contested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference