Karunanidhi questions Collector`s order on land
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Wednesday
questioned the Chennai District Collector`s order handing over
a prime land in the city to the Agri-Horticultural society,
saying only the state cabinet could take a decision on the
dispute over the ownership of the land.
Writing in DMK`s mouth piece, Murasoli, Karunanidhi
said state cabinet during the DMK rule on July 7, 2006 had
decided to appeal in the Madras High Court against handing
over the land to the society by the previous Jayalalithaa
The Collector should clarify whether he took the
decision on his own or under instruction from the government,
His poser comes two days after Chennai District Collector
incharge, K A Annamalai clarified that he had passed the order
only after examining documents dating back to 1877, which
confirmed the society was the rightful owner of the land,
measuring 18 grounds and 1,683 square feet.
He said the Honorary Secretary of the society, who was
given three chances to prove his claim on the ownership of the
property in May and June last preferred to wait to stake his
claim till July 15. "If the Secretary had any real documentary
evidence to prove his claim, why should he wait till July 15?"
Karunanidhi on Sunday accused the AIADMK Government of
handing over possession of the government land near Anna
Flyover in the heart of the city to the horticultural society
to favour V Krishnamurthy, a friend of Jayalalithaa and
secretary of the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?