Karunanidhi seeks release of PMK leader Ramadoss
Chennai: Seeking the release of arrested PMK founder-leader S Ramadoss, DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Friday asked the cadres of his outfit to refrain from hurling "inappropriate" remarks against opposition and other parties.
Terming the arrest as a "repressive measure" by the Tamil Nadu government, he said that "those arrested must be released".
"I don`t think it is right (on the part of the government) to file cases after cases and to arrest Anbumani Ramadoss (son of S Ramodoss) for something he said long time back. I seek the release of Ramadoss on humanitarian grounds," he told reporters.
"I am worried Ramaodss has been imprisoned. PMK cadres should stop talking of opposition and other politicial parties in an inappropriate manner. Such actions will not help in finding a solution to the present situation," he said.
Karunanidhi referred to Ramadoss`s comments that the "state should do away with the Dravidian parties" and said that it was unfortunate that he has been imprisoned.
Ramadoss was arrested in Villupuram on April 30 while staging a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand