Karunanidhi seeks release of PMK leader Ramadoss
Chennai: Seeking the release of arrested PMK founder-leader S Ramadoss, DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Friday asked the cadres of his outfit to refrain from hurling "inappropriate" remarks against opposition and other parties.
Terming the arrest as a "repressive measure" by the Tamil Nadu government, he said that "those arrested must be released".
"I don`t think it is right (on the part of the government) to file cases after cases and to arrest Anbumani Ramadoss (son of S Ramodoss) for something he said long time back. I seek the release of Ramadoss on humanitarian grounds," he told reporters.
"I am worried Ramaodss has been imprisoned. PMK cadres should stop talking of opposition and other politicial parties in an inappropriate manner. Such actions will not help in finding a solution to the present situation," he said.
Karunanidhi referred to Ramadoss`s comments that the "state should do away with the Dravidian parties" and said that it was unfortunate that he has been imprisoned.
Ramadoss was arrested in Villupuram on April 30 while staging a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das