Karunanidhi seeks release of PMK leader Ramadoss
Chennai: Seeking the release of arrested PMK founder-leader S Ramadoss, DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Friday asked the cadres of his outfit to refrain from hurling "inappropriate" remarks against opposition and other parties.
Terming the arrest as a "repressive measure" by the Tamil Nadu government, he said that "those arrested must be released".
"I don`t think it is right (on the part of the government) to file cases after cases and to arrest Anbumani Ramadoss (son of S Ramodoss) for something he said long time back. I seek the release of Ramadoss on humanitarian grounds," he told reporters.
"I am worried Ramaodss has been imprisoned. PMK cadres should stop talking of opposition and other politicial parties in an inappropriate manner. Such actions will not help in finding a solution to the present situation," he said.
Karunanidhi referred to Ramadoss`s comments that the "state should do away with the Dravidian parties" and said that it was unfortunate that he has been imprisoned.
Ramadoss was arrested in Villupuram on April 30 while staging a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday