Karunanidhi seeks release of PMK leader Ramadoss
Chennai: Seeking the release of arrested PMK founder-leader S Ramadoss, DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Friday asked the cadres of his outfit to refrain from hurling "inappropriate" remarks against opposition and other parties.
Terming the arrest as a "repressive measure" by the Tamil Nadu government, he said that "those arrested must be released".
"I don`t think it is right (on the part of the government) to file cases after cases and to arrest Anbumani Ramadoss (son of S Ramodoss) for something he said long time back. I seek the release of Ramadoss on humanitarian grounds," he told reporters.
"I am worried Ramaodss has been imprisoned. PMK cadres should stop talking of opposition and other politicial parties in an inappropriate manner. Such actions will not help in finding a solution to the present situation," he said.
Karunanidhi referred to Ramadoss`s comments that the "state should do away with the Dravidian parties" and said that it was unfortunate that he has been imprisoned.
Ramadoss was arrested in Villupuram on April 30 while staging a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list