Karunanidhi will wear black shirts ``forever``
Chennai: Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) cadres, including their chief M Karunanidhi on Friday, wore black outfits as a mark of protest against Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s ``anti-people policies``.
According to media reports, Karunanidhi had announced that he would no longer be seen in a white shirt and yellow shawl that is his trademark. Instead, he will wear black shirts.
Karunanidhi had originally called for a human chain of party workers, all dressed in black, to protest against the AIADMK`s misdeeds.
The police, however, denied permission for that and so, the DMK later decided to change it to a door-to-door pamphlet distribution campaign.
The DMK protest comes at a time when the police have filed fresh cases of land grab and illegal mining against senior leaders and Karunanidhi`s grandson Durai Dayanidhi.
Dayanidhi has been absconding for more than a month after a firm closely linked to him was accused of illegal mining near the temple town of Madurai in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi