Karunanidhi will wear black shirts ``forever``
Chennai: Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) cadres, including their chief M Karunanidhi on Friday, wore black outfits as a mark of protest against Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s ``anti-people policies``.
According to media reports, Karunanidhi had announced that he would no longer be seen in a white shirt and yellow shawl that is his trademark. Instead, he will wear black shirts.
Karunanidhi had originally called for a human chain of party workers, all dressed in black, to protest against the AIADMK`s misdeeds.
The police, however, denied permission for that and so, the DMK later decided to change it to a door-to-door pamphlet distribution campaign.
The DMK protest comes at a time when the police have filed fresh cases of land grab and illegal mining against senior leaders and Karunanidhi`s grandson Durai Dayanidhi.
Dayanidhi has been absconding for more than a month after a firm closely linked to him was accused of illegal mining near the temple town of Madurai in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested