Karunanidhi will wear black shirts ``forever``
Chennai: Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) cadres, including their chief M Karunanidhi on Friday, wore black outfits as a mark of protest against Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s ``anti-people policies``.
According to media reports, Karunanidhi had announced that he would no longer be seen in a white shirt and yellow shawl that is his trademark. Instead, he will wear black shirts.
Karunanidhi had originally called for a human chain of party workers, all dressed in black, to protest against the AIADMK`s misdeeds.
The police, however, denied permission for that and so, the DMK later decided to change it to a door-to-door pamphlet distribution campaign.
The DMK protest comes at a time when the police have filed fresh cases of land grab and illegal mining against senior leaders and Karunanidhi`s grandson Durai Dayanidhi.
Dayanidhi has been absconding for more than a month after a firm closely linked to him was accused of illegal mining near the temple town of Madurai in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit
- SC dismisses PIL seeking ban on WhatsApp, other messaging apps
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses political parties in Goa of encouraging sex, drugs, prostitution
- Triple talaq issue to be examined on touchstone of Constitutional framework: SC
- Political parties in Goa encourage sex tourism: Kejriwal