`Karunanidhi`s welfare schemes will help DMK retain power`
Madurai: Union Minister M K Alagiri on Sunday
laid the foundation stone for a Rs 780-crore drinking water
scheme here and said the welfare schemes launched by his
father and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi will help DMK to
retain power in the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, due in May.
"People will remember Karunanidhi for his schemes and
elect him not only for the sixth time but even the seventh
time," he said after laying the foundation stone for the
comprehensive Cauvery drinking water scheme.
The Union Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister also laid
the foundation stone of the Anna University (Madurai) campus
and inaugurated the extended buildings of Government Rajaji
hospital and colonies of Housing Board and Slum Clearance
Alagiri, representing Madurai in Lok Sabha, had allocated
Rs 1.5 crore from MP`s Local Area Development Fund to set up
water treatment plants to 15 slum areas in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers