`Karunanidhi`s welfare schemes will help DMK retain power`
Madurai: Union Minister M K Alagiri on Sunday
laid the foundation stone for a Rs 780-crore drinking water
scheme here and said the welfare schemes launched by his
father and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi will help DMK to
retain power in the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, due in May.
"People will remember Karunanidhi for his schemes and
elect him not only for the sixth time but even the seventh
time," he said after laying the foundation stone for the
comprehensive Cauvery drinking water scheme.
The Union Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister also laid
the foundation stone of the Anna University (Madurai) campus
and inaugurated the extended buildings of Government Rajaji
hospital and colonies of Housing Board and Slum Clearance
Alagiri, representing Madurai in Lok Sabha, had allocated
Rs 1.5 crore from MP`s Local Area Development Fund to set up
water treatment plants to 15 slum areas in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof