`Karunanidhi`s welfare schemes will help DMK retain power`
Madurai: Union Minister M K Alagiri on Sunday
laid the foundation stone for a Rs 780-crore drinking water
scheme here and said the welfare schemes launched by his
father and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi will help DMK to
retain power in the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, due in May.
"People will remember Karunanidhi for his schemes and
elect him not only for the sixth time but even the seventh
time," he said after laying the foundation stone for the
comprehensive Cauvery drinking water scheme.
The Union Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister also laid
the foundation stone of the Anna University (Madurai) campus
and inaugurated the extended buildings of Government Rajaji
hospital and colonies of Housing Board and Slum Clearance
Alagiri, representing Madurai in Lok Sabha, had allocated
Rs 1.5 crore from MP`s Local Area Development Fund to set up
water treatment plants to 15 slum areas in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical