`Karunanidhi`s welfare schemes will help DMK retain power`
Madurai: Union Minister M K Alagiri on Sunday
laid the foundation stone for a Rs 780-crore drinking water
scheme here and said the welfare schemes launched by his
father and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi will help DMK to
retain power in the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, due in May.
"People will remember Karunanidhi for his schemes and
elect him not only for the sixth time but even the seventh
time," he said after laying the foundation stone for the
comprehensive Cauvery drinking water scheme.
The Union Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister also laid
the foundation stone of the Anna University (Madurai) campus
and inaugurated the extended buildings of Government Rajaji
hospital and colonies of Housing Board and Slum Clearance
Alagiri, representing Madurai in Lok Sabha, had allocated
Rs 1.5 crore from MP`s Local Area Development Fund to set up
water treatment plants to 15 slum areas in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?