Kerala CM gives media clean chit, apologises for intelligence report
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Wednesday apologised for references in an intelligence report that said a section of the media was favouring Tamil Nadu in the water sharing dispute between the two states.
"I express my apologies to the media after a probe by the state chief secretary has given a clean chit to the media," said Chandy to reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting.
Last week, Chandy asked Chief Secretary EK Bharath Bhushan to conduct a probe into an intelligence report that alleged some journalists had an "unholy nexus" with a Tamil Nadu government "mole".
The "mole", a Malayalee from the capital city, was in the employment of the Tamil Nadu government and passing to it vital information about Kerala`s stand in a water dispute in cahoot with media persons, the intelligence report said.
Managing director of newspaper "Kerala Kaumudi" MS Ravi, managing editor of "Malayala Manorama" Philip Mathew, and managing editor of "Mathrubhumi" PV Chandran, in a joint letter to Chandy, demanded a probe into the intelligence report, that had alleged involvement of some journalists from these three media houses.
"The probe has been done in the proper manner and it has come to light that no journalists were linked (to the leakage of information). It must be noted, however, that intelligence reports are mere pointers and could be right or wrong. The intelligence did their job," Chandy said.
As soon as the intelligence report came last month, Chandy rubbished media reports that the Tamil Nadu government employee was a spy in the state secretariat and had been passing on vital documents on the water sharing dispute between the two states.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?