Khusboo’s house vandalised over Stalin interview
Chennai: Film star turned DMK politician Khusboo’s residence in Chennai was vandalised on Thursday by a group of men who claimed to be MK Stalin’s supporters.
The protestors claimed that they were upset over an interview given by Khusboo to a popular Tamil magazine in which she said that Stalin’s elevation as party chief would have to be cleared by the party’s decision making body.
15-20 youth assembled outside her home today morning and started to raise slogans against her. The protest soon turned violent and they vandalised her house by pelting stones. Efforts are being made by the police to identify the culprits.
Khusboo was not at her home at the time of the incident; she is currently at Trichy attending a wedding which also has DMK chief M Karunanidhi in the guest list.
In the interview which caused the furore, Khusboo had said that DMK is a democratic party and the issue of Stalin’s succession has to be cleared by the party’s general council before it can be termed as final, while also stressing that she stands with the party chief.
The attack on Khusboo is surprising as she is a known Stalin supporter within the DMK.
Meanwhile, reports quoting party sources said that the attackers were not DMK workers and the entire episode seems to be part of a conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla