Khusboo’s house vandalised over Stalin interview
Chennai: Film star turned DMK politician Khusboo’s residence in Chennai was vandalised on Thursday by a group of men who claimed to be MK Stalin’s supporters.
The protestors claimed that they were upset over an interview given by Khusboo to a popular Tamil magazine in which she said that Stalin’s elevation as party chief would have to be cleared by the party’s decision making body.
15-20 youth assembled outside her home today morning and started to raise slogans against her. The protest soon turned violent and they vandalised her house by pelting stones. Efforts are being made by the police to identify the culprits.
Khusboo was not at her home at the time of the incident; she is currently at Trichy attending a wedding which also has DMK chief M Karunanidhi in the guest list.
In the interview which caused the furore, Khusboo had said that DMK is a democratic party and the issue of Stalin’s succession has to be cleared by the party’s general council before it can be termed as final, while also stressing that she stands with the party chief.
The attack on Khusboo is surprising as she is a known Stalin supporter within the DMK.
Meanwhile, reports quoting party sources said that the attackers were not DMK workers and the entire episode seems to be part of a conspiracy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata