Khusboo’s house vandalised over Stalin interview
Chennai: Film star turned DMK politician Khusboo’s residence in Chennai was vandalised on Thursday by a group of men who claimed to be MK Stalin’s supporters.
The protestors claimed that they were upset over an interview given by Khusboo to a popular Tamil magazine in which she said that Stalin’s elevation as party chief would have to be cleared by the party’s decision making body.
15-20 youth assembled outside her home today morning and started to raise slogans against her. The protest soon turned violent and they vandalised her house by pelting stones. Efforts are being made by the police to identify the culprits.
Khusboo was not at her home at the time of the incident; she is currently at Trichy attending a wedding which also has DMK chief M Karunanidhi in the guest list.
In the interview which caused the furore, Khusboo had said that DMK is a democratic party and the issue of Stalin’s succession has to be cleared by the party’s general council before it can be termed as final, while also stressing that she stands with the party chief.
The attack on Khusboo is surprising as she is a known Stalin supporter within the DMK.
Meanwhile, reports quoting party sources said that the attackers were not DMK workers and the entire episode seems to be part of a conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes