Khusboo’s house vandalised over Stalin interview
Chennai: Film star turned DMK politician Khusboo’s residence in Chennai was vandalised on Thursday by a group of men who claimed to be MK Stalin’s supporters.
The protestors claimed that they were upset over an interview given by Khusboo to a popular Tamil magazine in which she said that Stalin’s elevation as party chief would have to be cleared by the party’s decision making body.
15-20 youth assembled outside her home today morning and started to raise slogans against her. The protest soon turned violent and they vandalised her house by pelting stones. Efforts are being made by the police to identify the culprits.
Khusboo was not at her home at the time of the incident; she is currently at Trichy attending a wedding which also has DMK chief M Karunanidhi in the guest list.
In the interview which caused the furore, Khusboo had said that DMK is a democratic party and the issue of Stalin’s succession has to be cleared by the party’s general council before it can be termed as final, while also stressing that she stands with the party chief.
The attack on Khusboo is surprising as she is a known Stalin supporter within the DMK.
Meanwhile, reports quoting party sources said that the attackers were not DMK workers and the entire episode seems to be part of a conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'