Kidnap threat to music composer Harris Jayaraj; three held
Chennai: Three men were arrested here on Monday for allegedly threatening to kidnap popular Tamil film music composer Harris Jayaraj, police said.
Hours after a complaint was lodged by Jayaraj`s wife Suma that the accused threatened over phone that her husband would be kidnapped if the family did not pay Rs 20 lakh, police nabbed the three and seized a car used by them.
After surveillance and tracking phone calls, police arrested S Thirumalai, who had worked as a car driver with Jayaraj`s father for a month, and his friends M Arunachala Panidan and K Muthukrishnan.
Investigations revealed that Thirumalai was the alleged brain behind the conspiracy who took the help of his friends to threaten the music director`s family.
The trio, in the age group of 25-32, allegedly demanded Rs 20 lakh and an immediate payment of Rs10 lakh to ensure that the music composer was not kidnapped.
Jayaraj has composed music for many Tamil movies including Madhavan starrer "Minnale," "Unnale Unnale," and "Vaaranam Aayiram."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read