Kidnap threat to music composer Harris Jayaraj; three held
Chennai: Three men were arrested here on Monday for allegedly threatening to kidnap popular Tamil film music composer Harris Jayaraj, police said.
Hours after a complaint was lodged by Jayaraj`s wife Suma that the accused threatened over phone that her husband would be kidnapped if the family did not pay Rs 20 lakh, police nabbed the three and seized a car used by them.
After surveillance and tracking phone calls, police arrested S Thirumalai, who had worked as a car driver with Jayaraj`s father for a month, and his friends M Arunachala Panidan and K Muthukrishnan.
Investigations revealed that Thirumalai was the alleged brain behind the conspiracy who took the help of his friends to threaten the music director`s family.
The trio, in the age group of 25-32, allegedly demanded Rs 20 lakh and an immediate payment of Rs10 lakh to ensure that the music composer was not kidnapped.
Jayaraj has composed music for many Tamil movies including Madhavan starrer "Minnale," "Unnale Unnale," and "Vaaranam Aayiram."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?