Kidnap threat to music composer Harris Jayaraj; three held
Chennai: Three men were arrested here on Monday for allegedly threatening to kidnap popular Tamil film music composer Harris Jayaraj, police said.
Hours after a complaint was lodged by Jayaraj`s wife Suma that the accused threatened over phone that her husband would be kidnapped if the family did not pay Rs 20 lakh, police nabbed the three and seized a car used by them.
After surveillance and tracking phone calls, police arrested S Thirumalai, who had worked as a car driver with Jayaraj`s father for a month, and his friends M Arunachala Panidan and K Muthukrishnan.
Investigations revealed that Thirumalai was the alleged brain behind the conspiracy who took the help of his friends to threaten the music director`s family.
The trio, in the age group of 25-32, allegedly demanded Rs 20 lakh and an immediate payment of Rs10 lakh to ensure that the music composer was not kidnapped.
Jayaraj has composed music for many Tamil movies including Madhavan starrer "Minnale," "Unnale Unnale," and "Vaaranam Aayiram."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- Barack Obama confirms death of Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour, says chance for peace
- After buyout, this company will be world`s biggest agricultural supplier
- Material that can help develop new computing technologies developed!
- In this spectacular temple complex, you will find a hall with ‘thousand’ pillars!