Killer mothers murder twin girls in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: A woman along with her mother killed her 15-day-old twin girls in a Tamil Nadu hospital. Both women have been arrested, police said Friday.
Revathi, the wife of an auto-rickshaw driver Duraipandi, gave birth to twin girls at the Tuticorin Government Hospital Sep 24 when she was eight months pregnant. As the babies were premature they were kept in an incubator and given to Revathi for nursing.
Worried about raising them, Revathi and her mother, Thennila, allegedly killed the babies Thursday morning when the twins were given to them for nursing.
While Revathi stangulated one baby, her mother Thennila slit the other`s throat with a blade. They later enacted a drama that the nurses had done something to the babies before they were given to them.
However, when the hospital authorities found blood on one of the babies, the police were informed.
On enquiry by the police, the two killer women confessed that they had killed the babies fearing the "high cost of raising them".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list