KN Nehru`s brother detained
Kochi: Former DMK minister K N Nehru`s
brother, against whom a lookout notice was issued by Tamil
Nadu Police in a land grab case, was today detained by
emigration officials at the airport here before he was to fly
Airport sources said K N Ramajayam was handed over to
airport police, and would later be taken into custody by
Tiruchirappalli Police of Tamil Nadu.
Ramajayam is an accused, along with 10 others including
Nehru, in an alleged land grab case where 13,290 sqft of land
in Tiruchirappalli was forcibly obtained for construction of
DMK party office.
Nehru, a loyalist of DMK Treasurer and party chief M
Karunanidhi`s son, M K Stalin, was arrested on August 25 in
connection with the same case in Tamil Nadu.
Nehru was the third minister in the previous DMK regime
to be taken into custody in the continuing crackdown by the
AIADMK government on land grabbing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack