KN Nehru`s brother detained
Kochi: Former DMK minister K N Nehru`s
brother, against whom a lookout notice was issued by Tamil
Nadu Police in a land grab case, was today detained by
emigration officials at the airport here before he was to fly
Airport sources said K N Ramajayam was handed over to
airport police, and would later be taken into custody by
Tiruchirappalli Police of Tamil Nadu.
Ramajayam is an accused, along with 10 others including
Nehru, in an alleged land grab case where 13,290 sqft of land
in Tiruchirappalli was forcibly obtained for construction of
DMK party office.
Nehru, a loyalist of DMK Treasurer and party chief M
Karunanidhi`s son, M K Stalin, was arrested on August 25 in
connection with the same case in Tamil Nadu.
Nehru was the third minister in the previous DMK regime
to be taken into custody in the continuing crackdown by the
AIADMK government on land grabbing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test