KNPP power generation will help overcome shortage in TN long run
Coimbatore: Southern India Mills` Association on Thursday said that power generation from Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant, which was synchronised with the southern grid on October 22, would help overcome power shortage in the long run in Tamil Nadu.
Thanking Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for her efforts and initiative to extend support to the plant to commence power generation, SIMA Chairman T Rajkumar said in a release here that KNPP had became a reality after long hurdles and the power generated has been injected into the grid.
Efforts taken by Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (TANGEDCO) to mitigate the shortage last year had resulted in industrial units becoming somewhat comfortable without load shedding in spite of power cuts, he said.
Avoiding load shedding would greatly help industry, especially when the textile sector was engaging high labour for their operation, he said.
Rajkumar also hoped TANGEDCO would tie up with state boards for power purchase for longer period after integration of Southern and Northern Grids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...