KNPP staff calls on Collector to break impasse
Chennai: As the work at Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant remains stalled, a delegation of KNPP employees on Thursday met the Tirunelveli district authorities requesting them to take expeditious steps to break the prolonged logjam.
Members of the KNPP Officers Association met Tirunelveli
District Collector R Selvaraj and requested him to take steps
so that they can go to the plant and start work, which has
remained hit since September last following protests by
locals, DAE sources said.
The employees sought the collector`s intervention as the
fourth round of talks between the Central expert group and the
state government panel including representatives of protestors
to break the impasse is slated to be held on January 31 at
The People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE),
spearheading the agitation demanding the scrapping of the
Indo-Russian project citing safety concerns, has announced a
series of protests this month to press their demand.
Three rounds of talks between the state panel and the
central expert group on November 7, 18 and December 15 last
year have failed to make any headway in commissioning of the
first unit at KNPP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM