KNPP work on, but on alert: Official
Chennai: Work at the Kudankulam Nuclear Power
Plant (KNPP) was not affected in the wake of massive
earthquake in Indonesia triggering fears of tsunami though the
plant is "generally on alert," a top official said on Wednesday.
"We received the alert from Indian National Centre for
Ocean Information Services in Hyderabad and we are generally
on alert. But our work is continuing," M Kasinath Balaji, Site
Director, Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant, told PTI.
He said the walls of KNPP are 7.5 m high and the plant
itself is situated on a raised platform.
Work at the plant started recently after several months of
protests by anti-nuclear activits stalling the commissiong of
its first unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra