KNPP work on, but on alert: Official
Chennai: Work at the Kudankulam Nuclear Power
Plant (KNPP) was not affected in the wake of massive
earthquake in Indonesia triggering fears of tsunami though the
plant is "generally on alert," a top official said on Wednesday.
"We received the alert from Indian National Centre for
Ocean Information Services in Hyderabad and we are generally
on alert. But our work is continuing," M Kasinath Balaji, Site
Director, Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant, told PTI.
He said the walls of KNPP are 7.5 m high and the plant
itself is situated on a raised platform.
Work at the plant started recently after several months of
protests by anti-nuclear activits stalling the commissiong of
its first unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt