Koodankulam agitation completes 150th day
Chennai: Protestors against Koodankulam
Nuclear Power Plant on Thursday organized a rally in Tirunelveli
district, marking the completion of 150 days of their
"We completed 150 days of protest today and still we could
not achieve (scrapping of the plant). Also, while we are
protesting, they (the Centre) are talking of commencing work
at the plant…this is ridiculing our protest," SP Udayakumar,
spearheading the agitations against KKNPP said.
Asked about their participation in the fourth round of
talks with the central expert group, he said, "We have not
received any invitation so far from the Collector. We got
to know from the media that it will be on January 31. But, we
have already informed him that the next round of talks will be
held only with our expert committee."
The protestors have formed a 29-member panel with whom
they want the central expert group to discuss.
All three rounds of talks between the state panel and the
central expert group on November 7, 18 and December 15 last
year failed to make any headway towards commissioning of the
first unit at the KNPP located in Tirunelveli district, as
local people protesting against the project were not satisfied
with the replies given by the expert group to their queries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter