Korea`s consulate general opened in Chennai
Chennai: The Consulate General of Republic of Korea here was inaugurated on Friday.
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah formally inaugurated the Consulate General at a function in which Korean Ambassador Joon Gyu Lee and Consul General of Korea Kyungsoo Kim participated, a Raj Bhavan release here said.
TVS Motor Company Chairman and Honorary Consul General of Korea in Chennai, Venu Srinivasan, Ministry of External Affairs, Head (Branch Secretariat), T Angeline Premalatha, and other officials were present on the occasion, it said.
Several Korean companies have set up manufacturing facilities near Chennai.
According to the website of Republic of Korea Visa Application Centre, visa applications which were being accepted by New Delhi and Kolkata branches would now be accepted in the Consulate General here.
From February 17, 2014, the applicants from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Puducherry can submit their applicants directly to the Consulate General of Republic of Korea in Chennai, it said.
Korean electronic and home appliances manufacturer Samsung currently has a facility at Gummidipoondi while country`s second largest auto-maker Hyundai has set up two manufacturing facilities at Sriperumbudur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'