Lakhs attend Bannari Kundam festival
Erode: Lakhs of devotees from all over Tamil Nadu and parts of Karnataka attended the annual Bannariamman Kundam (Fire walking) festival early Tuesday morning.
Officials said over two lakh devotees walked over the fire and paid respect to Goddess Bannariamman. Some head of cattle were also reportedly made to walk over fire, they said.
No untoward incident was reported, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez