Lakhs attend Bannari Kundam festival
Erode: Lakhs of devotees from all over Tamil Nadu and parts of Karnataka attended the annual Bannariamman Kundam (Fire walking) festival early Tuesday morning.
Officials said over two lakh devotees walked over the fire and paid respect to Goddess Bannariamman. Some head of cattle were also reportedly made to walk over fire, they said.
No untoward incident was reported, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh