`Land grab cases against DMK leaders not by govt`
Chennai: Refuting DMK`s charge that land
grab cases were being filed against its leaders to target the party, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Friday said her government had no role in the issue and that police were acting on complaints being filed by the public.
"Land grabbing cases are not being filed by the state
government. Police are acting on complaints filed by public,"
she informed the state assembly.
Intervening during the debate on budget, she said "the
government has no intervention in the issue at all."
Scores of DMK`s senior leaders, including former ministers
and local strongmen such as Veerapandi S Arumugam, K Ponmudi
and K N Nehru, among others are facing land grab charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what