Land grab cases: DMK legal wing to meet on Sep 10
Chennai: In the wake of arrests of partymen, including senior leaders on land grab charges, DMK chief M Karunanidhi will chair a meeting of his party`s legal wing
here on September 10 to work out ways to approach the court and "protect democracy" in Tamil Nadu.
DMK legal wing secretary RS Bharathy, without directly mentioning the arrests, said the ruling AIADMK was "misusing" the police force against the party, with an intention to intimidate its workers "who want to ensure victory in the local body polls," besides, the voters.
To stop the "atrocities" being committed in the name of democracy and to approach courts to "protect democracy", party chief Karunanidhi will chair the meeting, Bharathy said.
The meeting will be held at Anna Arivalayam, the DMK headquarters, he said in a statement.
Many DMK leaders, including former Ministers Veerapandi S Arumugam, KN Nehru, NKKP Raja, K Ponmudi, besides legislators S Anbazhagan and Sounderapandian, among others, have been arrested on land grab complaints after the Jayalalithaa
government took over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation