Land grab cases: DMK legal wing to meet on Sep 10
Chennai: In the wake of arrests of partymen, including senior leaders on land grab charges, DMK chief M Karunanidhi will chair a meeting of his party`s legal wing
here on September 10 to work out ways to approach the court and "protect democracy" in Tamil Nadu.
DMK legal wing secretary RS Bharathy, without directly mentioning the arrests, said the ruling AIADMK was "misusing" the police force against the party, with an intention to intimidate its workers "who want to ensure victory in the local body polls," besides, the voters.
To stop the "atrocities" being committed in the name of democracy and to approach courts to "protect democracy", party chief Karunanidhi will chair the meeting, Bharathy said.
The meeting will be held at Anna Arivalayam, the DMK headquarters, he said in a statement.
Many DMK leaders, including former Ministers Veerapandi S Arumugam, KN Nehru, NKKP Raja, K Ponmudi, besides legislators S Anbazhagan and Sounderapandian, among others, have been arrested on land grab complaints after the Jayalalithaa
government took over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists