Land grabbing cases: Status quo ordered on filing chargesheets
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, January 07, 2013, 23:17
  
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday ordered that status quo be maintained on filing of charge sheets before specially constituted courts in Tamil Nadu hearing land grabbing cases.

The order came on a writ petition challenging two state Government Orders - one on constituting special cells in police to receive complaints and another setting up special courts to hear cases relating to land grabbing.

A Division Bench, comprising Justices K N Basha and N Paul Vasanthakumar said, "..We are inclined to pass an order in the light of the earlier order that status quo as on today shall be maintained in filing the charge sheet before the specially constituted courts for land grabbing cases, pending disposal of these petitions."

"The Registry is directed to circulate this order to specially constituted courts," the bench said.

Earlier, petitioner's counsel P Wilson filed a fresh memo stating that some more special courts had been inaugurated at Tirunelveli, Ramanathapuram, Theni and Villupuram subsequent to the July 13 2012 order and that more such courts were proposed to be set up in other districts.

PTI


First Published: Monday, January 07, 2013, 23:16


comments powered by Disqus