Land grabbing complaint filed against TN minister
Erode: A farmer has filed a police complaint alleging Minister for Sports and Youth Welfare K V Ramalingam had grabbed his house.
The 74-year-old farmer S Muthusamy in his compliant to Superintendent of Police R Ponnni stated that he owned a 3,232 sq ft house at Karukkampalayam in Pudur Panchayat.
He said Ramalingam along with Panchayat President Prakash and AIADMK functionary T S R Senthilrajan came to his house some months back and told him and his wife Chellammal that he wanted to purchase the house.
Muthuswamy said later he was taken to the Sub Registrar office at Avalpoondurai and he signed the documents, registered the deed.
He said without making payment for the property, Senthilrajan kept him and his wife in confinement at the behest of the Minister for three months and threatened to murder him.
He said somehow they managed to escape from the house and went to Rameswaram from where his wife died.
He said after his sister Sivagami filed a HCP in Madras High Court police traced him and produced before the Court. Muthuswamy said he complained to the Judge about the grabbing of his house by the Minister.
He said he was filing the police complaint on the advice of the Judge.
However, when asked about the house grabbing, Ramalingam denied the charges of Muthuswamy and said he was ready to face inquiry about the matter.
Tiruchendur, Nov 28 (PTI) Sankaracharya of Kanchi mutt
Jayendra Saraswathi today visited Sri Subramaniaswmy temple here and offered worship to the deity.
The seer, who was acquitted by the Puducherry court in the Sankaraman murder case, visited the temple early today, temple sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back