Land grabbing complaint filed against TN minister
Erode: A farmer has filed a police complaint alleging Minister for Sports and Youth Welfare K V Ramalingam had grabbed his house.
The 74-year-old farmer S Muthusamy in his compliant to Superintendent of Police R Ponnni stated that he owned a 3,232 sq ft house at Karukkampalayam in Pudur Panchayat.
He said Ramalingam along with Panchayat President Prakash and AIADMK functionary T S R Senthilrajan came to his house some months back and told him and his wife Chellammal that he wanted to purchase the house.
Muthuswamy said later he was taken to the Sub Registrar office at Avalpoondurai and he signed the documents, registered the deed.
He said without making payment for the property, Senthilrajan kept him and his wife in confinement at the behest of the Minister for three months and threatened to murder him.
He said somehow they managed to escape from the house and went to Rameswaram from where his wife died.
He said after his sister Sivagami filed a HCP in Madras High Court police traced him and produced before the Court. Muthuswamy said he complained to the Judge about the grabbing of his house by the Minister.
He said he was filing the police complaint on the advice of the Judge.
However, when asked about the house grabbing, Ramalingam denied the charges of Muthuswamy and said he was ready to face inquiry about the matter.
Tiruchendur, Nov 28 (PTI) Sankaracharya of Kanchi mutt
Jayendra Saraswathi today visited Sri Subramaniaswmy temple here and offered worship to the deity.
The seer, who was acquitted by the Puducherry court in the Sankaraman murder case, visited the temple early today, temple sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack